Research InterestsI am interested in privacy-preserving algorithm design, including secure computation and differential privacy. I am also interested in blockchain.
EducationI received my B.S. in Computer Science from Peking University.
- Mingxun Zhou, Elaine Shi, T-H. Hubert Chan, and Shir Maimon.(Randomized Author Order) A Theory of Composition for Differential Obliviousness, EUROCRYPT 2023
- Mingxun Zhou, W. Lin, Yiannis Tselekounis, and Elaine Shi.(Randomized Author Order) Optimal Single-Server Private Information Retrieval, EUROCRYPT 2023
Mingxun Zhou*, Liyi Zeng*, Yilin Han, Peilun Li, Fan Long, Dong Zhou, Ivan Beschastnikh, and Ming Wu (*Equal Contribution). Mercury: Fast Transaction Broadcast in High Performance Blockchain System, INFOCOM 2023
Mingxun Zhou, Tianhao Wang, T-H. Hubert Chan, Giulia Fanti, and Elaine Shi. Locally Differentially Private Sparse Vector Aggregation, S&P 2022.
Charlie Hou*, Mingxun Zhou*, Yan Ji, Phil Daian, Florian Tramer, Giulia Fanti, and Ari Juels. (*Equal Contribution)SquirRL: Automating Attack Analysis on Blockchain Incentive Mechanisms with Deep Reinforcement Learning, NDSS 2021.[code]
Minmei Wang*, Mingxun Zhou*, Shouqian Shi, and Chen Qian. (*Euqal Contribution) Vacuum Filters: More Space-Efficient and Faster Replacement for Bloom and Cuckoo Filters, VLDB 2020. [code]
- Mingxun Zhou, and Elaine Shi. The Power of the Differentially Oblivious Shuffle in Distributed Privacy Mechanisms
VRecon: An Efficient Set Reconciliation Algorithm, Bachelor Thesis.
- "Optimal Single-Server Private Information Retrieval" at CMU Theory Lunch, Sep. 2022 [video]
- "The Power of the Differentially Oblivious Shuffle in Distributed Privacy Mechanisms" at the Symposium on Foundations of Responsible Computing, Jun. 2022
- "Locally Differentially Private Sparse Vector Aggregation" at IEEE S&P, May 2022 [video]
- If you find difficulty pronouncing my name, it is similar to "Ming-Shwin Joel" :)